Tuesday, 28 May 2024

U.S. Women’s Volleyball Team Falls Short Against Turkey in FIVB VNL Match

The U.S. Women’s National Volleyball Team faced a tough defeat against Turkey in the fourth week of FIVB Volleyball Nations League preliminary round matches. Despite their best efforts, the U.S. lost to Turkey in three sets with scores of 25-15, 25-17, and 27-25.

Dominant Performance by Turkey

Turkey displayed an impressive performance right from the start, taking an early lead of 8-2 in the opening set. The U.S. team struggled to catch up, ultimately losing the set 25-15. Turkey continued their dominance in the second set with a 10-3 run, securing a comfortable victory at 25-17. The third set saw Team USA trailing 22-19, but they managed to save three match points before Turkey ultimately prevailed 27-25.

Turkey vs. USA

Key Performers for Team USA

Despite the loss, several players from the U.S. team showcased their skills on the court. Outside hitter Kelsey Robinson led the team in scoring with eight points, all on kills. Jordan Thompson, who substituted in the second set and started the third, provided seven kills on 12 attacks. Middle blocker Haleigh Washington contributed five kills on nine attacks.

Other notable contributors included Michelle Bartsch-Hackley and Chiaka Ogbogu, who both started in the third set and tallied four points each. Lauren Gibbemeyer, Jordan Larson, and Karsta Lowe scored three points each. Setter Carli Lloyd rounded out the scoring with a kill.

Tham Khảo Thêm:  FUNdaMENTAL Volleyball

Statistical Highlights

According to unofficial statistics, the U.S. team converted 34 percent of their attacks into points with a .213 hitting efficiency. In contrast, Turkey converted 51 percent of their attacks with a .379 hitting efficiency. These numbers reflect Turkey’s strong offensive performance.

Defensively, Larson displayed a positive reception rate of 59 percent on 17 chances, while Bartsch-Hackley achieved a 73 percent positive reception rate on 11 chances. Robinson contributed seven digs and a positive reception rate of 62 percent on eight chances. Libero Mary Lake handled the majority of the team’s receptions, with 34 out of 70. Her positive reception rate stood at 38 percent.

Turkey’s Superiority in All Three Scoring Phases

Turkey dominated in all three scoring phases of the game, holding a 49-33 advantage in kills, an 8-4 advantage in blocks, and a 7-1 lead in aces. The U.S. team managed to limit their errors to 11, while Turkey committed 15 errors.

A Look Back at Last Year’s Matches

In last year’s inaugural Volleyball Nations League, the U.S. and Turkey faced each other three times. All three matches went to five sets, with Turkey winning the preliminary round match and Team USA winning the Final Six group match and the gold-medal match to secure the title.

Upcoming Matches

Despite the loss, the U.S. Women’s National Volleyball Team remains determined as they face Poland next. The match is scheduled for Wednesday at 4 a.m. ET. Following that, they will have a challenging match against host China on Thursday at 8 a.m. ET. Fans can catch all Team USA matches in the Volleyball Nations League on flovolleyball.tv.

Tham Khảo Thêm:  Alpinetgheep: U.S. Women's Jr National Training Team Roster Set

FAQs

1. Is this the first time the U.S. and Turkey have faced each other in the Volleyball Nations League?

No, the U.S. and Turkey played against each other three times in last year’s tournament.

2. Who were the top performers from the U.S. team?

Kelsey Robinson led the U.S. in scoring, while Jordan Thompson and Haleigh Washington also made significant contributions.

3. What is the upcoming schedule for Team USA?

Team USA will face Poland on Wednesday and host China on Thursday.

Conclusion

While the U.S. Women’s National Volleyball Team faced a tough loss against Turkey, they continue to showcase their determination and skill. With upcoming matches against Poland and China, the team remains focused on their goal. Stay tuned for more thrilling action from the Volleyball Nations League. Alpinetgheep is proud to support the U.S. Women’s National Team throughout their journey.